In Episode 17, Quinn & Brian ask: What’s the future of emergency medical systems in the age of climate change?
Joining us: Jason Friesen, the founder and executive director of Trek Medics, a 501 c3 registered NGO dedicated to creating or improving emergency medical systems in communities without reliable access to emergency care through innovative mobile phone technologies.
We talk about the current and future state of emergency medical systems in the age of climate change. Because the big one's coming.
Jason would like you to know that they make their services available to all communities, regardless of race, religion, or creed. He's saved six lives since Brian woke up.
- Trek Medics on Instagram
- Disaster Preparedness
- Team Rubicon
- Charity Navigator
- The 5 steps to emergency response:
- Can you help?
- Did you find the patient?
- Do you need additional resources?
- Are you able to transport the patient?
- Did you get to your destination?
- Trump’s Book Club: The Little Prince, by Antoine Saint Exupery
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Brian Colbert Kennedy on Twitter
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Like and share us on Facebook!
- Check us on Instagram!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Pin us on Pinterest!
- Tumble us or whatever the hell you do on Tumblr!
- Ok that’s enough good lord