In Episode 15, Quinn and Brian dig deeper and ask: Can carbon capture be a building block in climate action, part II?
On the mic: Akshat Rathi, a reporter for Quartz in London. He wrote a series last year called The Race to Zero Emissions about carbon capture, and we dig into that, and the next 10 years of CCS, today.
Akshat’s resume: he’s previously worked at The Economist and The Conversation. His writing has appeared in Nature, The Guardian and The Hindu. He has a PhD in chemistry from Oxford University and a BTech in chemical engineering from the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, and if that isn’t enough to convince you, well I’m sorry.
- Akshat Rathi on Twitter
- “The Race to Zero Emissions” series
- Carbon Engineering
- Canada’s first carbon capture power plant
- Illinois carbon capture plant
- The Clean Air Task Force
- Carbon Capture Coalition
- The Social Cost of Carbon
- Trump’s Book Club: Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Brian Colbert Kennedy on Twitter
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Like and share us on Facebook!
- Check us on Instagram!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Pin us on Pinterest!
- Tumble us or whatever the hell you do on Tumblr!
- Ok that’s enough good lord