In Episode 11, Quinn & Brian ask with fingers crossed: Can carbon capture be a building block in climate action?
On the mic: David Hawkins, director of the climate program at the National Resources Defense Council, and the man basically responsible for you breathing clean air most days. So, you’re welcome.
We discuss David’s history of working to safeguard the planet, but more specifically, his thoughts on the futuristic but necessary technology that is carbon capture, and whether we can pin our hopes on it. Stay tuned for his thoughts on using your voice and vote to move the needle.
- David Hawkins on Twitter
- Enter a city or state name or zip code and it will crank out a facilities list.
- For example, put in Houston, TX and hit the search icon.
- On the right hand side there will be a count of facilities with violation info (eg, 154 with significant violations).
- You can select one of those items and a list of individual facilities will be retrieved.
- Next, click on a facility of interest to get more detail.
- Next, vote your representative out of office.
- Have a nice day!
- Trump's Book Club: The Invention of Nature by Alexander Humboldts and The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Brian Colbert Kennedy on Twitter
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Like and share us on Facebook!
- Check us on Instagram!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Pin us on Pinterest!
- Tumble us or whatever the hell you do on Tumblr!
- Ok that’s enough good lord