In Episode 12, Quinn and Brian ask: Can algorithms predict the next major pandemic? Pretty please?
Joining us: Dr. Sam Scarpino, Assistant Professor of Marine & Environmental Sciences and Physics and a core faculty member in the Network Science Institute at Northeastern University.
We discuss whether, and if so, how advanced algorithms and data science can help predict and prevent the next major pandemic.
Also, the importance of a liberal arts education, bad wifi in 2018, and my wife’s iPhone.
- Dr. Sam Scarpino on Twitter
- Trump's Book Club: On Immunity: An Inoculation
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Brian Colbert Kennedy on Twitter
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Like and share us on Facebook!
- Check us on Instagram!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Pin us on Pinterest!
- Tumble us or whatever the hell you do on Tumblr!
- Ok that’s enough good lord