In Episode 7, Brian and Quinn talk with Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson, marine biologist, policy expert, and conservation strategist extraordinaire. And like a hundred other things, because her hobbies include saving the planet, what about you?
Find out how the ocean’s doing, who should be responsible for keeping it clean, how representation is a nightmare on ocean conservation boards just like everywhere else, and finally, the seafood you definitely should and should not be eating.
- Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson on Twitter
- Ocean Collectiv
- Dr. Johnson’s work for National Geographic
- Dr. Johnson on FundingTheOcean.org
- Will the Ocean Ever Run Out Of Fish? (cartoon)
- Seafood Watch by Monterey Bay Aquarium (app)
- Billion Oyster Project
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Brian Colbert Kennedy on Twitter
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Like and share us on Facebook!
- Check us on Instagram!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Pin us on Pinterest!
- Tumble us or whatever the hell you do on Tumblr!
- Ok that’s enough good lord