In Episode 7, Brian and Quinn ask: How can we use the ocean without using it up?
Meet Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson, marine biologist, policy expert, and conservation strategist extraordinaire. And like a hundred other things, because her hobbies include saving the planet, what about you, punk?
Find out how the ocean’s doing, who should be responsible for keeping it clean, how representation is a nightmare on ocean conservation boards just like everywhere else, and finally, the seafood you definitely should and should not be eating.
- Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson on Twitter
- Ocean Collectiv
- Dr. Johnson’s work for National Geographic
- Dr. Johnson on FundingTheOcean.org
- Will the Ocean Ever Run Out Of Fish? (cartoon)
- Seafood Watch by Monterey Bay Aquarium (app)
- Billion Oyster Project
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Brian Colbert Kennedy on Twitter
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Like and share us on Facebook!
- Check us on Instagram!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Pin us on Pinterest!
- Tumble us or whatever the hell you do on Tumblr!
- Ok that’s enough good lord