In Episode 14, Quinn talks with Emily Cassidy, the Sustainability Science Manager at the illustrious and beautiful California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, and a leading member of their new climate action initiative, Planet Vision. Emily's the co-author of a highly cited paper called “Solutions for a Cultivated Planet”, investigating how to sustainably feed 9 billion people.
Today we put Emily’s long background in natural resources science to use and discuss the steps America, and Americans, need to take to improve our food system, and make it healthier. For the air, for the land, for the water, and for each of us, inside our bodies.
Also: Jane Goodall, and cow farts vs. cow burps.
- Emily Cassidy on Twitter
- PlanetVision on Twitter
- California Academy of Sciences
- JANE documentary
- Netherlands greenhouses
- Added Sugars on the new nutrition label
- Michael Pollan on how to eat: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
- BBC: Most nutritious foods
- Trump’s Book Club: A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Brian Colbert Kennedy on Twitter
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Like and share us on Facebook!
- Check us on Instagram!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Pin us on Pinterest!
- Tumble us or whatever the hell you do on Tumblr!
- Ok that’s enough good lord