In Episode 23, Quinn & Brian ask: can we predict the next big earthquake? Pretty please?
Joining us is Josh Bashioum, founder of Early Warning Labs, an earthquake early warning technology developer, whose mission is to improve, expand, and lower the costs of existing earthquake early warning systems.
Listen in as we discuss San Francisco, the northwest, San Andreas, The Rock, other dreamy action stars, and how LA is (shockingly) more prepared than you think.
- Early Warning Labs on Twitter
- Early Warning Labs
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- The MMI Scale
- The USGS
- UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Dr. Lucy “The Earthquake Lady” Jones
- ABC story on Early Warning Labs
- CBS story on Early Warning Labs
- Trump’s Book Club: The Big Ones: How Natural Disasters Have Shaped Us (and What We Can Do About Them), by Lucy Jones
- Quinn Emmett on Twitter
- Brian Colbert Kennedy on Twitter
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Like and share us on Facebook!
- Check us on Instagram!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Pin us on Pinterest!
- Tumble us or whatever the hell you do on Tumblr!
- Ok that’s enough good lord